If you have to leave your pet—whether it be for a day, a week or longer—you want to make sure they have the best possible care in your absence.
Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels in Windermere, B.C., is a clean and spacious facility that is perfect for your pets. It is situated on a quiet, private property just 15 minutes from Fairmont Hot Springs and 20 minutes from Radium Hot Springs. You can have a fun-filled holiday knowing that your animal companions are having a relaxing Kootenay vacation of their own.
We also offer obedience training and socialization for dogs. Ask about our various options, and we will come up with a plan that suits your needs.
Call to ask about obedience training or dog boarding kennels in Windermere:
To inquire about our training or boarding services, give us a call at 250-342-6188.
Five-star customer reviews for Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels in Windermere:
“Good service and value ... Our dog enjoyed his stay.” ~ Paul, Google reviewer
“Wonderful people and location. My dog was well looked after and in good spirits after his two day stay … even though the summer heat was up to 35 degrees.” ~ Darin, Google reviewer
“Great people.” ~ Jamie, Google reviewer
What pet boarding services are offered at Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels in Windermere?
If you have to be out of town or otherwise away from home, you’ll want to know your pets are in good hands.
Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (unless arrangements have been made for earlier or later times), Shannonbrook offers professional pet boarding services all year round. We offer individual kennels, which are heated in winter for the comfort of your animals.
We also mandate that all pets staying at Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels must have their vaccinations up to date, ensuring that all the animals who come into our care are protected.
Our mission is to go above and beyond for you and your furry family members. Dogs are each given a 20-minute walk twice a day, and owners often remark about how much their pets enjoy their visits at our facility.
My dog needs obedience training in Windermere. How can Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels help?
Does your pup need an education? Shannonbrook also provides obedience and agility training services.
Owner Kathy Reid takes a caring approach that can help your furry friend learn some new tricks and better manners.
There are several solid reasons to invest in dog training:
- Teaching them basic skills, such as to come when called or “leave it,” can keep a puppy or adult dog safe from hazardous situations
- Learning appropriate dog-to-dog or dog-to-human socialization can eliminate anxiety or defensive behaviour issues in later years
- A calm, well-behaved dog can be taken to more public places without worry
- Curbing things like barking and destructive behaviour can save you a damage deposit or home repair cost, and keep landlords and neighbours from complaining
- Agility training is mentally stimulating and enriching for your dog to learn. They have fun doing it, and it wears them out in a good way
- Training at a kennel can teach dogs that being away from home (and their owners) is not the end of the world. It’s a great way to overcome separation anxiety
- Training can give puppies or dogs some much-needed confidence—this also goes for their guardians!
I am leaving my pet at a kennel for the first time. What should I look for in a good dog daycare?
At Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels, we make sure all our dog daycare guests feel comfortable and safe. These are some of the things you should look for in any kennel you consider:
- Kennels should always be clean, and the facility should not have an unpleasant smell
- Always ask about the experience and/or credentials of the people looking after your pets
- Insurance is essential. Make sure the kennel has an appropriate policy in place and that you will be taken care of if there are any problems related to your pet’s care
- Make sure the kennel has a preferred vet who they can and will contact in the event of an emergency in your absence
- Ask about their pet vaccination policy. A quality facility will require all pets boarded there to be fully up-to-date on their shots
- Inquire about exercise as all dogs should be taken on daily walks
- Look at the kennels yourself to determine if they are large enough for your dog
If you have any questions about boarding your pet or training for your dog, give us a call.
What are the opening hours for Shannonbrook Boarding Kennels in Windermere?
Daily 9 am to 6 pm, year round
Address: 1628 Windermere Loop Rd, Windermere, BC V0B 2L0